Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Sigh

She didn't believe me.

It's late, and I am sitting here, feeling miserable because today I was vindicated.

Franny listened to me give her a very short, basic outline of what the deal was working at the WME, and she listened very carefully, but then shook her head.

"I admit, it's pretty grim down here," she said, "but you're saying if I bring a few personal things from home to spruce up my workspace, I am going to get in trouble?

"I don't know for sure, but I have been here a long time, and it's just, it's just never been done! I mean, people get in hot water for saying or doing a lot less, so it only makes sense that, yeah, it's not allowed."

"That's just rubbish," she shook her head. "I think you have been working here too long, Peter." She tilted her head and smiled up at me. "But thanks for the concern."

Then she walked back to her desk.

Well, this morning she came into work to find all of her personal belongings gone. The look on her face, I would have given anything not to have seen it. And the information I shared with her was only the tip of the iceberg. Wait until she heard the rest.

Times like this, I would give anything to be wrong.

But I am not, and it makes me miserable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Wild Bill is the creator of Kelly Mahan Jaramillo
Free Web Counter
Web Counter