Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Franny Finally Speaks

Jordan and I were working today, it was pretty quiet before lunch, when I felt someone standing over me.

It was Franny.

She had not spoken to anyone since her personal items had been removed from her desk.

At first she just stared at us, then she whispered, "first my things get taken, now this place says mad cow disease doesn't exist? That it's Victoria Beckham's fault?"

I nodded. She drew her breath in sharply.

"May I eat lunch with you guys?"

"No," Jordan answered not looking up from his papers.

Her eyes got very wide, and she looked as if she were about to cry.

Jordan tapped me under the table, handing me the tiny folded paper, which I slipped into her hand.

"That is where we meet for dinner," he said, not once looking up from his files.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Wild Bill is the creator of Kelly Mahan Jaramillo
Free Web Counter
Web Counter